[Colorado-Talk] Supporting Rep. David Ortiz

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 16:39:07 UTC 2022

Greetings all:

I am sending this email out to urge those of you who can and are willing to
contribute to the campaign of Representative David Ortiz (D-Littleton), who
is running for a second term in the Colorado House of Representatives. While
the NFB of Colorado, a 501(c)(3) organization cannot contribute to political
campaigns, we as active and concerned blind citizens most certainly can.

David Ortiz has been and continues to be a staunch supporter of the blind
and people with other disabilities. He proudly calls himself a member of the
disability community. During the 2021 session of the Colorado General
Assembly, Representative Ortiz sponsored HB21-1110, a bill (later signed
into law) which requires state and local government websites to be
accessible and compliant with the most current web content accessibility
guidelines.

In recent months, Representative Ortiz helped to kick off the NFB of
Colorado's Six Dot Dash fundraising event in September. Just yesterday, he
came to and spoke eloquently at our celebration of the completion of our
Preservation of Historical Documents (PHD) project.

You can donate online as little as $10. Visit the website
https://secure.actblue.com/donate/ortiz-for-colorado-1. The site is very
accessible for screen reader users.

David Ortiz is a true friend of the blind and to all people with
disabilities.

Best regards,

Curtis Chong