[Colorado-Talk] Plan Your Work, and Work Your Plan

Gail Hamilton gail at soaringintogreatness.com
Fri Mar 24 14:29:53 UTC 2023

Over the years, I have adopted this philosophy because it helped me to keep on track.

Plan Your Work,
and Work Your Plan
#Main
https://soaringintogreatness.com/one-paw-at-a-time/https://soaringintogreatness.com/one-paw-at-a-time/

One of my college roommate’s mothers used to say,

“GAIL, you got to plan your work, and work your plan.”

She loved quotes and this was one of her favorites.

Over the years, I have adopted this philosophy because it helped me to keep on track. If I slacked in following this saying, I wandered around without any type of direction and I felt disappointed, frustrated, angry, and/or blamed others for my lack of direction. Thus, planning my work, and working my plan became my mantra. Adhering to this wasn’t easy, for it took organization and action.

One of the best ways to get organized is to know what you want to do for the day, week, or year. Here are some strategies that helped me, and may assist you in this process.
1. Write a vision statement for the rest of this year. Put it in the past tense—as though you have already achieved your dreams. Include career, family, health, spiritual, or any other categories you want. Then, read this vision statement over first thing in the morning and last thing before you go to bed. (I’d be glad to send you my vision statement and/or read your statement over if you like.)
2. Break your yearly vision statement down into quarters—January through March, April through June, July through September, and October through December. This will help to maximize your success. It’s always easier to eat an entire pie one piece at a time than eat the whole pie all at once.
3. Set your intentions for the month at the beginning of each month. Remember, these are things you want to do, not things you should do. Nothing is carved in stone. You are the creator of your vision statement.
4. Create a plan for the week by dividing tasks into daily activities. Some people do this on their day planners while others write in a journal. One size does not fit all. You do what works best for you.

For me, I plan my work, and work my plan by doing two things. First, I journal every morning and write what I want to do for that day. I could have one thing on my list or 10. The most important thing is that I don’t set myself up to fail. I try to only put down things I think I want to do. The second thing I do is, I read over my yearly vision statement every morning. This reminds me of my life’s passion and purpose.

Of course, a plan isn’t any good unless you act on it. Leaving it lying in a drawer or on your computer without looking at it for days, weeks, or years is futile and doesn’t do you any good. If you challenge yourself to plan your work, and work your plan, then, you’re taking responsibility for your life and making sure your life is created the way you want. You’re taking action. You’re being the creator of your destiny.

I challenge you to start every morning and plan for that day. Only put on your list the things you want to do and think you can accomplish. Next, challenge yourself to see if you can do this two, three, or seven days in a row! And, if you can do this for one week, how about two? I’ve heard it said that it takes 21 days to form a habit. If you take this on—planning your work and working your plan—I’m sure you will change the way you see, and you’ll change the way you live.
Click Here to Read More of Gail's Blog (https://soaringintogreatness.com/blog/)

** Inspired by Gail's Posts?

Gail is a powerful international motivational speaker, trainer,  and author. She guides and inspires audiences to recognize and shed their fears so they too can soar into their greatness. Gail is available for keynote presentations, concurrent sessions, workshops and retreats.

Book Her for Your Next Event (https://soaringintogreatness.com/speaking-topics/)

Gail's Speaking Topics

Soaring Into Greatness:
How to Live an Unstoppable, Unforgettable & Unbelievable life

Flying Free With The Triple Three:
The Power of Alignment, Attitude & Action

Lessons Learned From Man's Best Friend:
Trust, Love & Commitment

Focusing On What Really Matters:
Change the Way You See and You'll Change the Way You Live.

Do’s and Don’ts Regarding Interacting with a Blind Person:
Things Everyone Needs to Know

Stepping into the Light:
Making Sense of Your Seven Senses
Get Gail's Inspirational Book: Soaring Into Greatness (https://soaringintogreatness.com/purchase-book/)

** Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/soaringGailHamilton/)
** LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/in/gaillhamilton)
** Link (https://www.instagram.com/soaring.into.greatness/)
** Website (http://www.soaringintogreatness.com)
** Email (mailto:gail at soaringintogreatness.com)
Copyright © Soaring Into Greatness. All rights reserved.

Soaring Into Greatness
3500 S. Sherman St. #143
Englewood, Colorado 80113

You can ** update your preferences (https://soaringintogreatness.us4.list-manage.com/profile?u=82d3235cceb8b42122614553b&id=cfdfdf486e&e=6db269d79c&c=5cd14c17cf)