[Colorado-Talk] Disarming an alarm when entering a building

Elizabeth Sprecher elizabeth.sprecher103 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 19:14:09 UTC 2023

Hey all,
I’m wondering if any of you have experienced trying to disarm an alarm when entering the building?
One of the things that I have to do when going to my job, is to disarm an alarm after unlocking the door.
So  when I unlock the door and go in, I have 30 seconds to disarm the alarm, and the alarm is a touchscreen.
Apparently brings up a keypad on the screen.
How is a blind person supposed to do this, and if Ira has limited agents, and we have a specific code to enter, so sometimes it might be hard to get a hold of Be My Eyes to help me do this within 30 seconds.
I’m having to rely on the admin person for my job to disarm the alarm and lock the door, so that I can come in and unlock the door, and not have to worry about the alarm.
What is your strategy for this?Sent from my iPhone