[Colorado-Talk] Call for Resolutions

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 17:51:02 UTC 2023

Greetings all -

We are weeks away from our 2023 NFB of Colorado convention, October 26 to 29.

We are a membership organization, meaning members govern the NFB of
Colorado by our actions during our convention. So, the convention is
the best forum to bring up issues that affect the blind, discuss them,
and if necessary, create policies that we will work on to change or
improve those conditions. These are called resolutions.

So, if you think there ought to be a law, or think that a law is
unfair to blind people, or if you think we should recognize the
positive actions of some individual or organization for their good
work that benefits the blind, you can write a resolution and have it
considered by the membership later this month.

And if you have an idea, but are not clear how to write a resolution,
you can contact our Resolutions Committee Co-chairs, Dan Burke and
Curtis Chong.

The deadline for submmitting resolutions for consideration will be
Friday, October 20. That gives Curtis and Me enought time to take care
of preparing the text and creating Braille and digital copies.

How to contact us:

Dan Burke - burke.dall at gmail.com

Curtis Chong - chong.curtis at gmail.com

Look forward to seeing all of you in a few weeks to carry on the work
that helps us all live the lives we want!

Dan

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado Legislative Co-chair

President, NFB of Denver

"Blindness is not what holds you back.  You can live the life you want!"