[Colorado-Talk] Kids of blind parents info for convention

Hecker heckerhead at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 00:54:32 UTC 2023

Hello,

Below is information directly from Hailie Hecker and Me Sandoval about
their breakout session at our state convention coming up next week.

Kids of Blind Parents!!!

Hello, we just want to give you a little bit of background information
before we start this breakout room. We both have blind Fathers that are
very active in the National Federation of the blind.

Hailie Hecker has been going to the State Convention since she was in 3rd
grade, When she is at the convention she is in the Child care room helping
out, sm She is now 14.

 Mia Sandoval has been going to state conventions since around 4th grade,
and has also attended National conventions a few times, and she is going to
be helping in child care for the first time this year, she is now 16.

We are excited for our first breakout session. We also want everyone that
has a blind parent to have a safe place to ask questions and get advice
about having a blind parent. We are asking Parents to not be in the room,
but if for any reason they have to be we understand that. We think that it
would be more beneficial the less parents that are there, so the kids can
feel more comfortable to talk more freely. There will also be some Play-Doh
in the room for the younger kids, so if they are not interested in the
conversation they can still feel included.  All ages are welcome! Thank you
for taking the time out of your day to read this.

For any questions or concerns please contact Hailie Hecker at
HailieH388 at gmail.com

The kids of blind parents breakout session during the colorado state
convention, it will take place in the centennial and meridian dining rooms
on Saturday, October 28 from 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM