[Colorado-Talk] Colorado Progress Since the Washington Seminar

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 14:34:22 UTC 2024

Happy Valentine's Day!

Dr. Justin Young of our national Advocacy team just sent out an update
on the Medical Device Nonvisual Accessibility Act, H.R. 1328. There
are 11 new cosponsors to this bill in the U.S. House of
Representatives, and three of them are from Colorado:

Joe Neguse
Brittany Pettersen
Yadira Caraveo, M.D.

The new total is 72 cosponsors in the House for this bill.

And by the way, Congresswoman Pettersen's staff also informed us she
will cosponsor the Websites and Software Applications Accessibility
Act, H.R. 5813.

A big shout-out to our team who went to DC and to all of you who have
contacted your Representatives locally! Let's get the rest of our
delegation to cosponsor these important bills!

Dan

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado Legislative Co-chair

"Blindness is not what holds you back.  You can live the life you want!"