[Colorado-Talk] Links to Demonstration Videos for Nonvisually-Accessible Voting Systems Used in Colorado

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 29 22:39:40 UTC 2024

Greetings to my fellow Blind voters in Colorado:

Some of you may have already voted in the March 5 Presidential Primary
election. For those of you who haven't, you might choose to cast your ballot
at a voter service polling center. If so, you should know that every polling
center in Colorado has some form of nonvisually-accessible equipment that
enables blind/low vision voters to mark their ballots privately and
independently. Most counties in Colorado use a system from Dominion called
the Imagecast X ballot marking device. Two counties (Douglas and Garfield)
use a system from Clear Ballot called ClearAccess.

I am pleased to tell you that the Colorado Secretary of State's office  has
provided us with two nonvisually-accessible videos to demonstrate how the
systems from Dominion and Clear Ballot can be used by blind/low vision
voters.

The Imagecast demonstration video can be found at this link:
https://vimeo.com/913038610/e4fe75533a?share=copy.

The ClearAccess demonstration video can be found at this link.
https://vimeo.com/917736609/8115273ffb.

After you activate either of the above links, you will be taken to a Vimeo
video page. You start the video by activating the Play button that is found
there.

The videos you will be able to hear are the direct result of months, if not
years, of cooperative and collegial work between the National Federation of
the Blind of Colorado and the Colorado Secretary of State. My thanks and
appreciation go out to our Secretary of State and to the effective team in
her office that helped to make all of this possible.

Happy listening!

Very truly yours,

Curtis Chong