[Community-service] New member!

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 00:51:06 UTC 2010

Greetings Kendra!

  yes, your post made it to the list.
  My name is Darian Smith  and I am from california.
 I am  an alumni of AmeriCorps and very much enjoyed the expirience of
learning about  the different needs we all have as  people in this
country and learninghow as a person I can address them (or at least
try to).  I feel like  doing something positive for our country is
notsomething  that has to happen as a result of a major disaster, or
something that we only do when we are forced to do it.  I feel like we
all can do positive things anytime we decide to work together and do
them.
 I'm going to be making my way to dallas and attending my fifth
national convention, and I'm very excited to get to meet those of you
who will be going to convention.
  Also, I would like to have a planning meeting with all of those who
are interested in getting together and creating a committee ordivision
that  would promote community service  through the positive philosiphy
of the  national federation of the blind.
 I would  love to hear  your stories on this list and I would love to
hear from you all who will be going to convention  and are interested
in meeting.
 If you havn't done so already, please do contact me off-list at
 dsmithnfb at gmail.com to see if we can catch up during convention.
  Best,
  Darian

--
Darian Smith
Skype: The_Blind_Truth
Windows Live: Lightningrod2010 at live.com
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/goldengateace

“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are
spiritual beings having a human experience.” - Teilhard de Chardin