[Community-service] Working with children

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 23:55:33 UTC 2011

Hi everyone.

I work at our local Delta Gammer Center for children with visual
impairments every month.  I really enjoy working there.  The children
are really fun, and I like helping them with their activities.  Some
of the children are not very vocal however, so it is hard for me to
tell exactly what they want from me.  Also, some kids move so fast,
it's hard to follow them.  They're little, so asking them to slow down
is a bit too much.  Has anyone worked with children before?  What
kinds of strategies have you used for figuring out what they want and
where they're oging when they suddenly take off.  Any other ideas and
suggestions would be totally welcome.  I'm not naturally good with
children, so I have to work hard every month, but I really do enjoy
it.  Thanks.

--
Julie McG
 Lindbergh High School class of 2009, participating member in Opera

life."
John 3:16