[Community-service] can blindness related service help you in the sighted world?

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 08:32:38 UTC 2011

Hi all,
 oftin we find that  our resume reflects  many  examples of work in
the blindness field (working at a summer program for the blind,
teaching braille to a  person at the local blindness agency and so
on).
 While people tend to see this as being one-dementional and   the
sighted believe that  we could never adapt outside of the blind
community, do you believe that this is true? Is there any way  that
your skills can be considered
just as useful in the sighted world?  Can leadership skills and work
ethic learned in the NFB be utilized to benifit you in the service
setting?
 If so, how do you think so?
  Darian
--
Darian Smith
Skype: The_Blind_Truth
Windows Live: Lightningrod2010 at live.com
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/goldengateace

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose.

— Robert Byrne