[Community-service] volunteering with kids or youth

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 28 04:58:35 UTC 2011

Hi all,

This list is real quiet.
I’d like to hear about your experiences because I am planning to volunteer this summer.
I have a degree from Marymount university; it’s a BA in psychology/communications. But I need more experience before getting a job and I am aware that often volunteer experiences lead to employment opportunities.

My interests include helping kids/youth in academics or anything I can help them in, outreach, event planning and anything communications driven such as writing newsletters, public relations and public affairs.
So have any of you helped kids or youth and if so what did you do? What accomodations did you use? If I work at a camp or recreation setting, I know they will wonder how I can manage children.

I’ve thought about trying some nonprofit around here and seeing what I can do to assist the youth.

Thanks.
Ashley