[Community-service] Is the call to serve for the sighted, the need to serve for the blind?

Greg Aikens gpaikens at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 02:01:26 UTC 2011

Do we serve because we need to prove to ourselves that we are not helpless? Do we sometimes serve out of a sense of sincere gratitude for all those who have helped us in the past and a desire to recreate that for another? Or can it be out of a sense of guilt over how much help we have received from others? Do we serve to strike out against the idea that it is we who are in need of charity?

Thought provoking questions Darian. Thanks.

Greg