[Community-service] the call to serve for the sighted, the need to serve for the blind

Conchita Hernandez hernandezlegorreta at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 22:44:23 UTC 2011

I have thought about this many times. Blind or sighted, we all have different reasons for serving. Some of them may be selfish or to prove to the world or to ourselves that we can in fact so something. I think that when it comes down to it, we become transformed by the service that we do and end up gaining so much more. I have met many people who start doing service because it was mandatory, or to impress someone, or for other selfish reasons It does not matter what are initial motivation was, as long as we do the work genuinely. Serving is as much for ourselves, as it is for those that we serve. And in the end, I think we get more out of the experience. Just a thought.
Conchita

Sent from my iPhone