[Community-service] volunteering with kids or youth

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 5 00:32:13 UTC 2011

Hi Darian,
I'd like to do this as well; possibly as an employee although I'm certainly
willing to volunteer for the experience!
There are many summer camps locally in the area at community centers and
recreation facilities.
How have you managed the kids? How do you know where they are, that they are
not getting hurt and doing what they are supposed to?
The camps involve structured activities inside which is not as challenging
to handle.  I can walk around and observe the kids.  Stuff like dramma,
music, and arts and crafts are some activities. However, others involve
outdoor sport activities and I do not know how I'd manage that.

How did you convince them to let you help out?
I would think the interviewer would be skeptical; also in my case I have
little experience to say its been done before.
Are kids good at identifying themselves when they talk to you?  I'm not good
at remembering lots of names!  Kids' voices can sound the same sometimes.

Thanks.
Ashley