[Community-service] March 13 meeting recap.

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 05:59:43 UTC 2011

 appoligies folks,
 let's  try this again.
 Also, please find it  in body of message...

  Hi all,
  If you missed the community service meeting this past weekend,
here’s in part, a  recap of the items discussed:

•	Outreach:  Julie, our outreach chair,  has been posting  to
list-serve. Colabaration with Darian has helped to  generate  avenues
to post  announcements.   Other persons  have expressed willingness to
assist with this on-going project.  Other areas to improve are in
attracting people to  blog, and    generating topics for list-serve.

•	Blog:  Chris has been working on the blog, has  put up entry from
guest speaker of Janurary (Now available!),  Looking for people  to
discuss their experiences on blog, would like people to read/comment
on current posts as well.

•	Community Service Article: the community service group will be
working with Donna hill to put together an article for publishing in a
magazine she edits.  Group will decide in April who will be featured
in this article
•	Report back from  national:  We have  gotten O.K. to work on  the
division start-up process – discussions on specifics will take place
in coming meetings, however work will take place  to get group’s
organizing meeting at convention in monitor and space reserved.

•	Hard  times Generation: homeless kids: group discussed addressing
homeless situation for kids in central  florida, by working with
agencies in the area of Orlando to help provide food  to these youth
and  their families. Hopefully, by doing so, they can have an
opportunity to spend time   and money on making sure they have a place
to live, and not go hungry.  Sub-group we  formed,  but is currently
populated with two interested parties.

•	Guest speaker , and  time were discussed, currently meeting is to
take place no earlier than the third of april, and no later  than the
tenth of april ( to be worked out by group).

 Questions?
  Please contact Darian Smith, Group coordinator at:dsmithnfb at gmail.com.
  Thanks for reading!

--