[Community-service] Serving during the holiday season

Mary Donahue braille at satx.rr.com
Sun Nov 20 18:07:20 UTC 2011

On 11/19/2011 10:33 PM, Community Service Content wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> Thanks Giving is right around the corner, and Christmas is soon after.
> For many, this is the perfect time to give back to the community while
> spreading some festive cheer. Local schools, centers of worship, and
> other organizations have initiatives to help those who are less
> fortunate among us.
>
> This is a great time to get involved in making a difference. Whether
> you have volunteered many times or have only just begun, there is
> something out there for you to do! What are some ways you are planning
> to give back this season? Have you already started? What did you do?
> What was it like? Do you want to do something this holiday season, but
> don’t know where to begin? Below is a link that can help you get
> started.
>
> http://www.serve.gov/toolkits/food-bank/index-started.asp
>
> Happy volunteering!

Hello Darien and everyone,

     I will be sending out a flyer tomorrow or earlier this week
describing a gift project that the San Antonio Region 20 Lions Club will
be involved in on December 3. The project went on last year, but I felt
I was not a good gift-wrapper, so I did not participate. However, this
year I plan to get involved by sticking on bows or tying ribbon. There
is always something someone can do in such a project if he or she
believes in the cause and wants to participate. I'll let the flyer speak
for itself when I transfer it from my work computer. One or two of my
Chapter members will be coming as well, and one need not be a Lion to
participate.

Mary Donahue