[Community-service] 3 ways of service

Reyazuddin, Yasmin Yasmin.Reyazuddin at montgomerycountymd.gov
Wed Oct 26 13:19:13 UTC 2011

Dear All,
Here is something which I feel very strongly about, when it comes to
community service.

Community service can be done in three very simple ways.
1 Emotional community service, When we think about doing a service
project, when we support a need in the community and when we help to
eliminate the need in the community.

2 Physical work When we work at a homeless shelter, raise awareness of a
need by walks and similar projects and when we do all these activities
without any reward.

3 Financial contribution When we raise funds or offer financial
contribution to a cause, we support the service project.

I think in the NFB we do all of these things. Now we just need to do
them for the rest of the world.

Yasmin Reyazuddin
Aging & Disability Services
Montgomery County Government
Department of Health & Human Services
401 Hungerford Drive (3rd floor)
Rockville MD 20850
240-777-0311 (MC311)
240-777-1556 (personal)
240-777-1495 (fax)
office hours 8:30 am 5:00 pm
Languages English, Hindi, Urdu, Braille

This message may contain protected health information or other
information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by return mail and destroy
any copies of this material.

Thank you.