[Community-service] The mission continues: 11/11/11

Community Service Content cscontentnfb at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 20:20:18 UTC 2011

Hello all,

With Veterans’ Day quickly approaching, I thought I would share this
with you. This is from www.missioncontinues.org.

The Mission Continues is a 501(c)(3) that aims to build an America
where every returning veteran can serve again as a citizen leader, and
where together we honor the fallen by living their values through
service.

Programming

1. Fellowship Program (for post-9/11 veterans)
2. Service Projects Program (for veterans and civilians)
3. Thought Leadership (changing how our nation welcomes home our veterans)

The Mission Continues Service Project Program challenges veterans of
all eras and civilians of all ages to serve their country by serving
their communities.
Service projects provide a place for veterans to be citizen leaders
and for all civilians to live the beliefs of veterans while serving by
their sides.

Who Should Volunteer

• Veterans--Our country still needs you. Your service to country
continues long after your time in uniform. You gained leadership
skills in the military that can still be applied today. Become a
leader and make a real difference in your community.
• Active Military Personnel--The country wants to serve with you, but
we need your leadership. Your abilities to lead will unite our
volunteers. Set a powerful example for civilians, empowering them to
improve your community one project at a time.
• Civilians--Changing a nation begins one service project at a time.
Improve your communities while also honoring veterans by living their
beliefs and serving beside them. Fall in line under their leadership
and help us challenge them to serve at home just as they served
abroad.

Many cities across the nation have upcoming service projects and
events. To find out how you can get involved, visit:

http://www.missioncontinues.org/events

Best,
Nallym Bravo