[Community-service] Let's get... wellyou know...: Community Service Group Planning meeting on Sunday!!!

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 10:49:21 UTC 2012

Greetings all:
    If you were at any of the meetings of the Community Service Group
during  the 2012 National Convention in Dallas, you know that we are
 all ready and excited to do the work that needs to be done to become
a division within the next year!  So the first step in the road to
becoming a truly  exciting,  dynamic and change-making division is to
recruit  exciting,  dynamic and change-making individuals, who want
to make exciting, dynamic and change –making  decisions that will make
 real  differences in the lives of blind people!   We want to be a
force that changes the world for the better, and helps to change what
it means to be blind and be real leaders in our community.

 If you are not just interested in the idea, but committed to the
dream, let me be the first to encourage you to join us for our first
planning meeting of the post- convention year.
  This will take place on Sunday, August, 5 at 8p.m. ET.
 The call-in information is as follows:
  (218) 339 – 3600.  Pass code 808277#.
  We will briefly recap the seminar and organizing meeting, but will
spend the majority of the time on planning for committees and projects
for the next year.  If you are interested in taking a serious and
active part in building a community service division, this is a
meeting that you simply can’t miss out on!
 Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at
dsmithndfb at gmail.com
  Thank you all and I look forward to talking to you in a couple of days!
  Warmest regards,
  Darian

--
Darian Smith
Chairperson, Community Service Group.

"Let's work together to eliminate Subminimum Wages for People with Disabilities"

http://www.nfb.org/fairwages

"To dream what is possible and to put oneself in service of that dream is the
formula
for a life well lived."

- Dr. Peter Benson