[Community-service] Looking for community service stories

Chris Parsons christine-parsons at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 1 15:39:11 UTC 2012

Please pass the following announcement on to anyone you think would be interested.

February begins National Green Week*, and spring is also the time for the Great American Cleanup**. With this in mind and with spring and warmer weather approaching, throughout February the Community Service Group is looking for stories about your outdoor or green community service experiences to feature on its blog at nfbcommunityservice.wordpress.com.

Have you helped to plant a garden? Cleaned up a section of highway? Worked on a recycling project? We want to hear about it!

You can start sending in your stories on February 1. Stories should be no more than 500 words. Stories should be submitted by February 20 to ensure inclusion in the blog during the month of February, but this is a month-long event. In keeping with the theme, we want to feature stories throughout the month, so feel free to send them in any time between now and the 20th. Send stories as an attachment or in the body of a message to Christine-parsons at sbcglobal.net. Be sure to include your name, state, and a title with each submission. I look forward to reading about your experiences.

*National Green Week is an initiative created by the Green Education Fund. More information about National Green Week can be found at http://www.greeneducationfoundation.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=6&Itemid=223.

**The Great American Cleanup is an initiative created by Keep America Beautiful. More information about the Great American Cleanup can be found at http://www.kab.org/site/PageServer?pagename=gaclanding.

Chris Parsons