[Community-service] National Mentoring Month

Community Service Content cscontentnfb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 18:17:04 UTC 2012

Hello all,

You may have heard that January is National Mentoring Month. Serving
as a mentor to an individual or a group can be a very rewarding way to
give back.

This month gives us an opportunity to reflect upon mentoring: How
important is having a mentor? Who has been a mentor to us in the past?
What qualities make a great mentor? Have we ourselves been a mentor to
someone? What challenges, benefits, fears, and or rewards are involved
in being either a mentor or mentee? As we take the time to think about
and share our experiences, we can also tell our mentors how much we
appreciate them on January 26, which is Thank Your Mentor Day!

January also presents an ideal time to take action. If you want to
learn more about NMM or would like to join an organization in your
community to mentor others, you can go to:

http://www.nationalmentoringmonth.org/

Happy mentoring!