[Community-service] Changing what it means to get things done!

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon May 14 15:27:36 UTC 2012

Darian,
Wonderful article.  It was so long though that I just recently read it due
to my hectic schedule.
I haven't heard of many blind people helping in construction or painting
work. How did you do this? How did they show you what to do? Hands on, I
suppose. Did you get to mix concrete or lay any new surfaces outside?
I could see myself cutting wood for construction  or cutting down tree limbs
provided I was shown how, but I wonder about the other stuff.  That is
pretty admirable what you did;  it takes a lot of strength to do it as well.
I am glad that they included you in the projects.  It goes to show that past
interactions with blind people shape their views, so it was a good
coinsidence that one lady had intereacted with a blind person before.

Great article title as well. What a play on the nfb slogan.