[Community-service] Effort = Results, Plain & Simple

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Mon Apr 1 17:51:48 UTC 2013

Now Darian, why'd you have to go and ask such a
question? (grin)

It is a committee that meets weekly, attends
public town hall meetings and such, to make sure
our needs & wants are represented. My wife and I
both were a part of the committee in the
beginning. We've since stepped down so that we
could not be spread so thinly, and hopefully be
more effective on those things we did or do choose
to stay active with. We both have a bad habit of
wanting to do so much and help whenever we can,
that we've often spread ourselves too thinly
across the board, y'know? We are both striving to
quit doing that, and be more effective in good
deeds than just in good intentions.

Since the committee started less than a year ago,
there have now been a total of 8 NFB members on
the board, helping out. There are reps from
multiple disabilities sectors, and the committee
has made it a point to gain support and interest
from the general transit-riding public as well as
the business community (businesses interested in
shoppers using public transport, etc.). It's not
just about the disabled community, and we made
sure everyone understood the benefits of improving
public transport in our city.

Strive On,
Everett
~ In Colorado Springs, CO ~