[Community-service] Fwd: [cbo-sl] Join Our Pantry Raid

Reyazuddin, Yasmin Yasmin.Reyazuddin at montgomerycountymd.gov
Fri Apr 5 19:10:53 UTC 2013

Hi Darian and others,

Two weeks ago I went to a symposium entitled Hunger Emits Abundance. The
purpose of this meeting was to make all aware of how in the wealthiest
country there is hunger. The food banks all over the country are
experiencing the need to feed the poor.

After this meeting I happen to speak with one gentleman from the Bread
for the world organization. He was interested in knowing if among the
disability population there is hunger.

When people just getting SSI or SSDI income and living with food stamps
and limited resources have to get assistance from the food bank, then
people with disabilities are no different. I feel that if we are better
off then we should consider the unfortunate ones and give generously.

Personally I have given food to the food bank a few times every year. I
have a box ready to go tomorrow.

Yasmin Reyazuddin
Aging & Disability Services
Montgomery County Government
Department of Health & Human Services
401 Hungerford Drive (3rd floor)
Rockville MD 20850
240-777-0311 (MC311)
240-777-1556 (personal)
240-777-1495 (fax)
office hours 8:30 am 5:00 pm
Languages English, Hindi, Urdu, Braille

This message may contain protected health information or other
information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by return mail and destroy
any copies of this material.

Thank you.