[Community-service] {Disarmed} How About Helping Human Services?

Denise Shaible denise.shaible at att.net
Wed Jul 17 00:48:34 UTC 2013

Hey Community Service Folks,

I’ve just been elected to a Board position with the Human Services Division.  For those of you who aren’t familiar with the Human Services Division, we’re a group of folks in what has been called the “helping professions”.  I’m just wondering if Community Service and Human Services could get together and help each other.  I mean, we’re both service oriented and love helping where we can help and we love showing people that blind people can work in any profession we desire.  It sounds like a match to me.  So, let me know what you think.  Maybe some of you are already members of the Human Services Division and I don’t know it.  Our President, Mary Schock would like to create committees within our Division.  This is what got me to thinking about joining two great groups.

Regards,

Denise Shaible