[Community-service] Article about teens getting involved in service in St. Louis

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 20:03:36 UTC 2013

Hi all,
 firstly, Thank you Chris for sharing this.

  As I read this article, I am struck by the amount of good that a group of people that you  would think would not have time nor the resources to  take on such work gets done.
 I  am also energized by their obvious excitement and enthusiasm for what they're doing.
 It seems as if these teenagers have found something that they care enough about to continue to do it and to do it repeatedly, knowing that the service work does not in any way impact them directly.
 One thing that I connected with that I find to be a latent benefit of their work is that they gain skills that they can apply back home.  I think  that this is a wonderful example of how  service  gives you skills and exposure  that you can't always get in traditional tracks of life.
  Again,  much thanks for  the article  and thanks for reading.
  Darian