[Community-service] AmeriCorps.gov > Stories of Service

Chris Parsons christine-parsons at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 26 22:00:10 UTC 2013

Darian,

Thank you for sharing this link. I definitely get where you’re coming from. Those are some really powerful stories. As I read, I could feel those people’s desire to help, to serve, to make a difference. Reading that actually put me in mind of a story I read a year or so ago for an on-line writing competition I was taking part in. It made me feel something like how I imagine reading those Americorps stories made you feel. I read it, and I just wanted to get out there and do something, even if I wasn’t sure what or how. I think we all need that encouragement sometimes. I’ll share the link below.

http://annaonthemoon.livejournal.com/2092691.html

On a similar note, that’s what I love about the possibilities of this group and this list:  the opportunity for people to share their experiences and their stories and to encourage others through that sharing. I love to help people and to try to make a difference, but as those of you who have been involved with the Community Service Group and/or this list for a while know, I have my insecurities and worries, too, and I know I need that encouragement myself sometimes just as much as anyone else.

Chris