[Community-service] Updates from the leadership

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 14:38:57 UTC 2013

Hi all:
 here are some updates from the Community Service Group Leadership.
 1. new resource research committee formed!
 Michelle Mitchell is Joined us as our chair of resource research. this committee is going to be  in  charge     of creating  a sort of national service clearing  house that members can use to find service opportunities  in their local communities.
 This newly formed committee joins Kaiti’s convention service  project  committee, Corina’s fundraising committee, and mary Ann’s workshop call committee.
 If you would like to be involved in either of these committees, simply keep a look out for their next  meeting, as they will post information about their respective committees as they become available.
2.  We are focusing our efforts on developing a strong presence at National Convention.
 While we have not solidified what that presence looks like, we are considering options.  If you have an idea for something that  would educate the blind  on service possibilities, something that might be a good fundraiser for convention, or a good speaker for our seminar, please let me  know.
 Thanks so much for reading and for your suggestions!
   Darian