[Community-service] Tomorrow is Make A Difference Day

Michelle Clark mcikeyc at aol.com
Fri Oct 25 16:48:38 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am new to the list and have been reading through the many posts others have contributed. Actually, the Chapter in which I am President will be hosting a Community Recourse Day for Blind and Low Vision Persons on Saturday. We have confirmations from at least 25 services that our guests need to know about. They include educational and rehabilitation groups, Voter Registration and voting demos, fire, safety, FEMA, and the local Rehab agency. In fact, the state library service is coming as well as a representative from the NFB Newsline, not to mention local elected officials who have RSVP’d. Just today, I got the confirming email that a Navigator from the Affordable Healthcare Act will be in attendance assisting persons with information to sign up. We are expecting over 150 persons and expect a good outcome.

Our stats for the County tell us there are many persons who are blind or have a measure   of vision loss. That number greatly outweighs the 57 persons in our Chapter. Those folk and caregivers and persons who just want to know are who we are reaching out to.

Michelle