[Community-service] 30 days of service - Brad Jamison - Day 1

Mary Ann Mendez maryann at jmendez.us
Thu Sep 5 20:29:27 UTC 2013

Day One

Welcome to Day One of my Thirty Days of Service!!  I am so excited to share
this journey with you and am so thankful that you are here. Over the next 30

days, I will share with you my journey completing 30 service projects with
30 organizations in 30 days! My intent is simple, to inspire you to get
involved

serving others. I hope to also entertain you a bit and look forward to
sharing with you what I do and learn every day.

Thanks again.now on to Day One.

Day: One

Organizations:

Volunteer Los Angeles: http://volunteerlosangeles.org/

 and

DonorsChoose: http://www.donorschoose.org/

Activity: Reading "The Cat in the Hat"

I say all the time that man plans and God laughs. Well, that certainly
appeared to be the case today.

As I have been planning my days of service over the past couple of months, I
have run into many challenges - finding 30 things to do in 30 days with 30

different organizations isn't easy!  I have had calls and emails go
unreturned, I have looked into organizations that just didn't really meet
some basic

requirements and have scheduled and rescheduled many of my days so that I
could ensure they would all get booked.  I have also been trying to
anticipate

potential challenges that could arise once I start my 30 days - what do I do
if something gets canceled or I can't find a project for a day?  But, I
truly

didn't think I would run into a challenge on Day One.but, I did!  And,
fortunately I had a backup plan.

Here is Brad's YouTube video commentary about the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUsXLB6e0wo

Link to article:

http://www.good-citizen.org/blog/day-one/