[Community-service] Tisdel's Tirades: How to Muck and Gut a Home

Greg Aikens gpaikens at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 02:04:34 UTC 2014

Hey Darian,
I don’t see why a blind person couldn’t perform this task, particularly since it sounds like you indiscriminately rip out everything. If you had to worry about ripping out some and leaving other sections, it might take more care to detect the mold etc. The most difficult part would be having to cover up completely and dulling the sense of touch that is generally so useful in gathering information. But I don’t see why a blind person couldn’t be part of the ripping, shoveling, or hauling crew. I have done plenty of shoveling and hauling on different projects before.

It actually kind of sounds like fun.

-Greg