[Community-service] Fwd: Finding and Hiring a Driver - VisionAware

Catherine Michele Mitchell michmitch66 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 08:22:50 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

As the resource and research committee chair, I felt it my responsibility to do a little research on resources. I found a few local, county, or blindness organizations that do actually provide Reader, shopper, and/or driver services. None in Texas, though… However, if anyone is interested in trying to get an organization like this started in their area, I would be happy to forward you the examples I found.

I also came across this article about hiring a driver. I found it very interesting, and I think Similar principles could be applied to hiring a reader. Here's the link: