[Community-service] Who is the community service group

Darian dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 02:50:44 UTC 2014

The purpose of The Community Service Group is to promote thepositive philosophy of the National Federation of the Blind throughcommunity service and advocacy. We acknowledge the positive effects that community service and service learning have on self, community, and country from the blind person's perspective. Thisgroup will work diligently to promote and encourage community service and service learning at the local, state, and national levels of the NFB and will utilize this method to advance the goals of fullintegration on the basis of equality for the blind of this nation. TheCommunity Service Group will implement its mission by: 1. coordinating service projects that develop confidence in blindness and the alternative techniques that the blind utilize, 2. creating workshops and trainings that develop competent leaders, 3. serving as a resource for the blind and sighted alike about the service field with an emphasis on how the blind can contribute and 4. Promoting the NFB philosophy through action and service.

This electronic message has been brought to you by my mobile device.