[Community-service] The Agenda Development: a call for collaborators and a sneak peak for potential seminarians

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 21:48:45 UTC 2014

Hi All,
 with all of this discussion  of presenters for the convention  seminar,  I’m sure much was  lost as to what progress was made both on the actual development of ideas and the development on the  agenda.
  First  as to the question of who should be recruited:
 1. volunteers of America
2. United Way
3. red Cross
did I miss other ideas?

 As to the development of the agenda,  here is what is tentative.
 AmeriCorps: 20  years of the blind in service to our country (or something like that)
 speakers include:
1.  AmeriCorps Alumni
2. service  agencies  (red cross, big brother big sister, habitat for  humanity, hands-on network and overview Of AmeriCorps programs.

 at the moment, that’s what we have. agenda needs to be rounded out some more and that’s where you all come in.

 If anyone has a particular interest in working to develop the community service group seminar agenda, please  be in direct contact  with me as I am heading up that effort.
 I can be reached at dsmithnfb at gmail.com.

 I plan to update folks  who have an interest as to the details of the agenda when It’s closer to completion, so stay tuned.
 Sorry if this was a repeat of a previous post.

 Regards,
  Darian