[Community-service] Looking for ideas

Tara Chavez tmatzick06 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 22:58:23 UTC 2014

Hi all,
Ok, so I don't post ever, but i thought i'd jump inand wish everyone a
happy new year and chime in on this discussion.
I am hoping to participate in more community service stuff here in NM,
but haven't found a 'foothold' yet. i like the ideas that have begun
flowing so far and i'd like to add a few of my own.
I like the idea of collecting soda can tabs or bottle caps and donate
them to a cancer center of whatever...as to what they do with them, I
dont know...I also know a friend of mine who has children collects the
box tops from cerial boxes, mac N Cheese boxes, etc and donates them
to her children's school for something...I can't remember what right
now...But anyway, all of these are good ideas. As for collecting
food,i'm all over food donations and stuff like that. My other
favorite project my local chapter of the NFB does is each December we
collect warm items I.E hats, scarves, gloves, blankets, socks, etc.
and we donate them to the homeless shelter here in town. another local
chapter also collects toys for children of homeless families to donate
during the holiday season.
i feel these items can also be collected and donated all year long so
maybe we can start something at convention and run it through
december...or something like that?
just my thoughts,
tara
2nd Vice-President, albuquerque Chapter; NFBNM