[Community-service] Group information

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 05:30:50 UTC 2014

Thanks to Chris Parsons  for being Jane on the spot with this great piece of info that I hope answers some questions and  that you might share with others.
 if you have further questions please contact me directly by using the information in my signature
 How do you feel about community service? Do you volunteer your time once in a while in the community or with your local church and want to find other blind individuals to connect with? Do you find community service interesting but are not sure that you as a blind person can get involved or don’t know how to begin?

Here's your opportunity!

We are a small group of people interested in doing community service. We enjoy giving back , and we believe that it is important for blind people to get involved in the community.

So if you enjoy community service, or if you are interested in possibly doing some community service work in the future, please join us!  We are always welcoming new members.

We hold monthly conference calls during which we present a topic for discussion or have a guest speaker talk about his/her community service experiences.  We also have a blog where we post summaries of our conference calls and welcome personal stories about the service work people like you do. We even have a list serve that allows us to connect, share stories, ask questions, and post articles/announcements about topics of interest related to community service.

Our blog is located at http://nfbcommunityservice.wordpress.com/.

Please feel free to contact the chair of the group   at dsmithnfb at gmail.com if you have any questions or  new ideas or wish to get involved.
Darian Smith
Chairperson, Community Service Group -National Federation  of The Blind.
dsmithnfb at gmail.com
 (415)215-9809