[Community-service] Discrimination in volunteering based on blindness

jonathan franks franks.jonathan13 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 03:50:41 UTC 2014

I concur with you completely Darian.

Being able to advocate for yourself is key in so many real life
situations. Our sighted peers who may not have any experience in
dealing with blind individuals will not know what a blind person is
capable of. That is why it is up to all of us to be able to
demonstrate and advocate that we have the necessary skills to work
alongside our sighted peers. As our new NFB tagline says, we can "
live the life we want"  I fully believe in this simple and straight
forward philosophy and know it to be true for all of us.