[Community-service] Looking for committee members

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 15:08:20 UTC 2014

Hi Thomas,
  Thank you for your interest in serving on  the outreach/partnerships committee and the publications committee.
  I hope that you saw my messages    responding to your interest and  copying the chairs of  the respective committees.
  At this time we are looking to establish committees  and  through those committees  the projects  that will drive the work of the division.  understanding that each committee has  the important task  of prioritizing  the projects  that they undertake, we decided to only focus on the projects you saw in the note to  the list serve and consider other projects at a later point.
 for your convenience I am including the list of committees, the chairs of those committees and the  projects that are currently associated with them:
  .
Committee:outreach and partnerships(you want to spread the word about this newly formed division, what we plan to do, how we will benefit the movement, and challenge Fellow  Federationests to live the lives they want   through service). Co-Chairpersons: Charlotte Czarnecki and  Sarah Leon.   projects: service challenge, service agency partnerships, campus service and engagement program   partnerships,  Training center partnerships.

Committee:Publications (you want to arm those who might want to serve but not know how to with the ideas, skills and tools to do it). Co-chairs Michelle Mitchell  and Hindley Williams    Projects: how-tis for  (state convention projects, individual involvement, parent and family involvement, chapter  involvement),.

Committee: Social networking and Media ( you believe that cyber image is everything. You think that what we do is so awesome that it needs to be up so the whole world [wide web] can see). Chairperson: Chris Parsons.  Projects: facebook, twitter, Etc. blog,website and newsletter.

As you can see, many of our committees had many potential projects associated with it, so  I am not sure that a state coordinator program makes sense at this time.  I do hope that in the near future we can think up how to do this  and not do more than we  think we can.
  should you have any questions  pleas  contact me directly at dsmithnfb at gmail.com  so that we may discuss things further (this note and my response to it has actually gone out across the community service list-serve).

  Thanks,
  Darian