[Community-service] Community-service Digest, Vol 62, Issue 8

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Mon Apr 13 00:01:27 UTC 2015

Hello Jordan,
I would suggest that you demonstrate to these organizations that you
can utilize a bus route or use special transportation if applicable to
the location of the facility or if this service exists in your city.
Self advocacy is an tremendous tool that we as blind people can
utilize to show our sighted friends that we can work alongside them in
our communities.

There is such a vast number of volunteer opportunities wherever you
live and do not give up if one does not work out.

Best of luck

Jonathan Franks
Board Member
National Federation of the Blind of Texas
1st Vice President
National Federation of the Blind of Texas- Austin Chapter