[Community-service] On the "Hill" and in the community.

Thomas Peralta tinypaws8491 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 09:42:33 UTC 2015

Darian and all,I agree with Cindy, it is expensive, but the training, the bonding with fellow federalists, and the introduction to the organization, what we stand for and what issues we are passionate about, is well worth the time and expense.  It was my first time at the Seminar.  I have 40 years involved with political campaigns, issues and managing campaigns.  I can honestly say, I was humbled by the lack of knowledge I thought I had and how the NFB presents themselves and issues.  It also made me proud to be involved with such an organization and amazed about the passion shown by all who attended.Having said that and being the co-Legislative Director for Wisconsin, I feel that the projects and services we, as an organization, provide our communities should be brought to the attention of the officials on all levels of government and make them aware of what we do and what we stand for.I things this Division and the Legislative Division can work to come up with programs, and ideas that can be beneficial to both the community and the officials that serve it.  We in turn would be helping our communities, make the officials aware of us as group and individuals not to be stereotyped as people do, but as useful and productive members of the community.Also, while it is on my mind, does anyone know the dimensions of the braille monopoly board and is that the size we want for the anniversary board?With warm regards,
Tom Peralta