[Community-service] How do you deal with doubt when performing Community service?

Hindley Williams hbwilliams16 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 02:25:22 UTC 2015

 Hi All:
 I am certain that many of us have encountered our sighted
counterparts underestimating our abilities at service sites. As a
division of the National Federation of the Blind, we know that we have
the ability to serve and to teach others about our abilities. But
dealing with others doubting our abilities is quite common at service
sites, as well as other places. What are some ways that we as blind
people can show the community as a whole that we are competent and
able to serve? Or, in other words, what are some techniques that we
can use when dealing with doubt from others?
 I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
 Best,
 Hindley