[Community-service] How do you deal with doubt when performing Community service?

Aleeha Dudley blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 14:05:42 UTC 2015

The first thin I will say is to be very patient. Often times, people will want to put you in a corner and leave you to do some tiny task or no task at all. I start by doing something basic. Then, as I am doing that, I talk to those around me, offer help where I see it is needed, and work from there. Often times, progress comes from forming a relationship with those around you and showing them that your blindness is not what defines you.
Aleeha Dudley and Seeing Eye Dog Dallas
Vice President, Ohio Association of Guide Dog Users
Vice President, Ohio Association of Blind Students
Both proud divisions of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
Email: blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com <mailto:blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com>
“The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse’s ears.” - Arabian proverb

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/community-service_nfbnet.org/marian