[Community-service] service through legislation?

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 13:16:18 UTC 2015

I think I feel much the same way as Chris on this one,
 Legislative work is most certainly important  and ultimately    serves to change the lives  of  the community effected, ideally for the better.
  I Think that the kind of  community service work we talk about, and encourage is along the lines of what Chris has mentioned.  This allows us to get our hands dirty in an issue that is both of interest to us and   important to the community in which we live.
  Imagine  the effect that service can have on top of  everything else we do.  We can show that we expect equal rights in the workplace, the classroom, and in the market place  and show that   we also have a right to have an active part in serving  in our communities and we expect to be able to exercise that right to  tutor, to mentor, to feed, and comfort,  and we intend to exercise that right.
   Thanks so much,
  Darian