[Community-service] Volunteer opportunity with Empowerment Through Integration

Darian Smith president at nfbcommunityservice.org
Thu Jul 2 19:58:29 UTC 2015

All:

 While this doesn’t  entirely fit what we might do as a  division,  as federationists we  do find opportunities to help our blind brothers and sisters live the lives they want and have done this for the past 75 years.
 If you find this opportunity  makes sense for you please be in contact  with  Greg.
  Thanks so much!
  Darian
> On Jul 2, 2015, at 12:36 PM, Greg Aikens via Community-service <community-service at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> Dear Community Service Division,
>
> I want to let you know of a volunteer opportunity some of you may be interested in. Empowerment Through Integration (ETI), a non profit dedicated to empowering blind youth in developing nations, is actively recruiting volunteers to assist with our programs. To date we have run programs in Lebanon and Nicaragua and plan to eventually expand to other areas as well. For more information about who we are and what we do, please visit our website: www.eti-vision.org <http://www.eti-vision.org/>
>
> We are looking for like-minded individuals who have a positive attitude toward blindness, are passionate about sharing that attitude with others, and are interested in international development. In particular, we are looking for individuals interested in helping develop curricula for summer camp programs, parent seminars, and ongoing social projects; individuals to help manage our social media; and individuals interested in traveling with a team to run our summer camps, parent seminars, and ongoing social projects. We are also looking for individuals who can connect us with the broader blind community, both domestically and internationally.
>
> If this sounds like you, please contact me using the info below. ETI will be at the convention next week and we would love to connect with any interested individuals while in Orlando. Even if you will not be at convention, we would love to connect with you.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Greg Aikens
> Program Director
> Empowerment Through Integration
>  www.ETI-Vision.org <http://www.eti-vision.org/>
> Emails: gaikens at eti-vision.org <mailto:gaikens at eti-vision.org>, gpaikens at gmail.com <mailto:gpaikens at gmail.com>
> Cell: (404) 444-8661

Darian Smith
President, National Federation  of the Blind Community Service Division

president at nfbcommunityservice.org <mailto:president at nfbcommunityservice.org>

(415)215-9809
 twitter: @goldengateace
Connect with the Community Service Division
Facebook: search for “NFB Community Service Division”.
Twitter:@NFBCSDivision

blindness is not what holds you back.
 “We need your service, right now, at this moment - our moment - in history. I'm not going to tell you what your role should be; that's for you to discover. But I am going to ask you to play your part; ask you to stand up; ask you to put your foot firmly into the current of history” — Barack Obama
Did you know that   your  unwanted vehicle can be just what is needed to help         drive	 change for the blind .
Donate your car to the National Federation of the Blind today!
For more information, please visit: www.carshelpingtheblind.org <http://www.carshelpingtheblind.org/> or call 1-855-659-9314
“