[Community-service] chance to serve at convention

Darian Smith president at nfbcommunityservice.org
Sat Jun 20 19:42:36 UTC 2015

Hi All:
 one minor  clarification:
 Trivia night will be Salon 9, not Salon 14. Again, Salon 9 is the location of Trivia  Night.
 I gave Nella that  erroneous piece of information
 Thanks in  advance for your assistance and thanks to Nella for spearheaded this!
  Darian
> On Jun 20, 2015, at 12:23 PM, Nella Foster via Community-service <community-service at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> Hello All:
>
> We need your help at the National Convention.  Here is your chance to serve the
> division and make a difference.  Volunteers are needed to assist with the
> business meeting, trivia night and our table in the exhibit hall.
>
> Here is the schedule and what we need.
>
> On July 7, three to five marshals are needed to assist with the business
> meeting.  The business meeting will be in salon 7, level 2.  All marshals
> should be there by 6:10.
>
> On July 9, three to five marshals are needed to help with music trivia.  Music
> trivia will be held in salon 14, level 2.  All marshals should be there by
> 5:45.
>
> Also on July 9, three to five marshals are needed to help with NFB trivia.  NFB
> trivia will also be in salon 14, level 2.  All marshals should be there by
> 8:15.
>
> We also need eight volunteers to assist with our table in the exhibit hall.
> Each volunteer will be matched with a board member.  We will be selling limo
> raffle tickets and providing information.
>
> Shifts for the table are as follows:
>
> July 6:
> 12:00-1:30 pm
> 1:30-3:00 pm
> 3:00 -4:30 pm
>
> July 7:
> 12:00-1:30 pm
> 1:30-3:00 pm
> 3:00 -4:30 pm
>
> July 8
> noon-1:45
>
> July 9:
> noon-1:45
>
> If you would like to volunteer your time for one or more of these events please
> contact Nella Foster.  Contact by phone, text or email are welcome.
>
> 602-263-1198
> nfoster at extremezone.com
>
> Please give your name, telephone number and email address.  Also specify which
> event and time you wish to volunteer.
>
> I apologize for not getting this out sooner; my internet service has had some
> serious issues.  If you send an email and don’t here from me in 24 hours please
> call.  Also if you need more information or clarification please let me know.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Nella Foster

Darian Smith
President, National Federation  of the Blind Community Service Division

president at nfbcommunityservice.org <mailto:president at nfbcommunityservice.org>

(415)215-9809
 twitter: @goldengateace
Connect with the Community Service Division
Facebook: search for “NFB Community Service Division”.
Twitter:@NFBCSDivision

blindness is not what holds you back.
 “We need your service, right now, at this moment - our moment - in history. I'm not going to tell you what your role should be; that's for you to discover. But I am going to ask you to play your part; ask you to stand up; ask you to put your foot firmly into the current of history” — Barack Obama
Did you know that   your  unwanted vehicle can be just what is needed to help         drive	 change for the blind .
Donate your car to the National Federation of the Blind today!
For more information, please visit: www.carshelpingtheblind.org <http://www.carshelpingtheblind.org/> or call 1-855-659-9314
“