[Community-service] Would a year of voluntary public service bring out america's best?

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Fri Mar 13 23:03:19 UTC 2015

Yes, I think the article makes sense and I think it applies to blind people.  In
the past I've gotten 2 different jobs by volunteering at the agency that hired
me or volunteering somewhere similar.  I had proven myself as a volunteer, so
the agencies had no reservations about hiring me for the positions.

Volunteering is a good way to aquire some real work experience; you can put it
on a resume and it is a good way to get references.

Nella