[Community-service] discussion starter

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Thu Nov 26 00:17:11 UTC 2015

Hello all,
I first met Darian at National Convention last year and voiced to him
that I wanted to get involved. Soon after I returned home I looked up
the List on http://www.nfbnet.org and have been involved ever since.

I was just talking to my chapter president this past weekend regarding
the community service that we have done over the past year. We were
both in agreement that community service has definitely helped build
our chapter in membership, it has helped us in forming relationships
amongst our chapter members and community members with working
together and has helped shape the minds of our chapter members in
realizing that we can provide community service instead of being the
ones receiving it.

I was very happy to run an informal Texas Community Service Committee
meeting at our State Convention on November 13th. There were
individuals from numerous parts of the state as well as some
individuals from Louisiana visiting the meeting. We even had our
National Representative Annil Lewis stop by and talk  about how he has
been involved with community service and what the values of community
service were to each of us. I soon will be talking with my affiliate
president to discuss the optimistic future of this committee.

Warm Regards,
Jonathan Franks
Board Member
National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division