[Community-service] Membership meeting report

M Church mchurchgirl at charter.net
Fri Sep 11 00:38:29 UTC 2015

Greetings all:

I am writing to tell you about the exciting progress the membership
committee is making. Remember, all of you are welcome with your ideas, and I
will get the word out sooner with anouncements about our meetings.

We will be meeting conistantly on every second Wednesday of the month at 8
eastern. On the community service line we have been using.

We started off the call by talking about what committee members are doing
for community service and why it is emportant to them. We all agree that it
is emportant the we the blind, like others have a job as citizens to serve
our communities not just by being good federationests, but also by stepping
out and showing the public that we are givers and not always recievers.

We then planned some membership calls. The first call will be lead by
committee member Jessica Scannel and will be about community service at our
training center in Louisiana. Pam alan will be a guest speaker, and it will
take place during the week of the twenty-seventh. (check your emails for the
announcement).

The next meeting we planned will be held in October for Meet the Blind
Month. It will be held towards the beginning of the month, and will feature
the head of activities for Meet the Blind Month at our national Office.

In October we will be planning the November membership call and deciding if
we want to have a call during December do to Hollidays. We will also talk
about other projects that we can support and how we can best support them as
the membership committee.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email m, Mary Church.

Best,

Mary