[Community-service] A few things...

Kamala Milton kamalamilton42 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 18:57:48 UTC 2015

Sorry, not interested.

Kamala

From: Community-service [mailto:community-service-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Darian Smith via Community-service
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2015 2:52 PM
To: Community Service Discussion List <community-service at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Darian Smith <president at nfbcommunityservice.org>
Subject: [Community-service] A few things...

Good Sunday everyone,

 I want to take the opportunity to welcome any of our newly subscribed list members to the National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division discussion list.

 This  list is here for any and all  to discuss community service opportunities they want to  find, community service people have done and/or want to do.

 This list is but one way that people can communicate with other members of the division including the board of directors of our National Federation of the blind Community Service Division as our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/205759772877055/  and our twitter: https://twitter.com/nfbcsdivision/.

 The list is also a way  that members can be kept informed  about the activities of the division and also to become involved in said activities as their time, talents and energy allow them to be.

 All are welcomed to become involved and are encouraged to be so that ideas may be turned into actions.

 The Division believes that blindness is not the Characteristic that  defines how we improve the community around us. we recognize that as the communities we live in  are not composed primarily of blind people, the work we do in our communities should impact our sighted community members.  If we work in our communities, along side our fellow community members in much the same way we continue to work along side our blind brothers and sisters, we will  show our sighted members of the community  what we truly believe of blindness and our capability as blind people.

   We have  quite a few committees that anyone is welcome to take part in.

 You have no doubt heard from Social media, publications,projects, fundraising and membership. As you see their announcements regarding date in times for the meetings, please know  that you are welcome to attend if you wish to.  If you don’t want to or can’t but have interest in being involved  in helping the committee then please contact the committee chair directly.  If you contact the committee  chair directly you are then assured that what you want to be communicated  is received by them, and you  won’t feel like the rest of the list  (numbering over 150 people)knows your business, plus it is always appreciated when people  on list stay on  topic and minimize the “spam” effect that multiple posts have on an  inbox.   .

  This list is a public list, which means anyone at anytime has access to what you write, something to keep in mind, not at all something to  alarm you.

 The hope is that you are positively influenced by what someone  says here, inspired by someone’s story, motivated  by an opportunity you learn of here or engaged by the division in some way, shape or form.

  Please  be in touch should you have  any questions, thoughts or suggestions.

 .

 .   .

Darian Smith

President, National Federation  of the Blind Community Service Division

president at nfbcommunityservice.org <mailto:president at nfbcommunityservice.org>

(415)215-9809

 twitter: @goldengateace

Connect with the Community Service Division

Facebook: search for “NFB Community Service Division”.

Twitter:@NFBCSDivision

blindness is not what holds you back.

 “We need your service, right now, at this moment - our moment - in history. I'm not going to tell you what your role should be; that's for you to discover. But I am going to ask you to play your part; ask you to stand up; ask you to put your foot firmly into the current of history” — Barack Obama

Did you know that   your  unwanted vehicle can be just what is needed to help         drive  change for the blind .

Donate your car to the National Federation of the Blind today!

For more information, please visit: www.carshelpingtheblind.org <http://www.carshelpingtheblind.org/>  or call 1-855-659-9314

“