[Community-service] Discussion Starter

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 22:55:16 UTC 2016

Hi Friends,
  I’ve seen some  discussion the past week or so around the new movie “Don’t Breathe”.
 Most of this discussion is surrounding a topic  we come up against from time to  time, that of the issue of blind people  and our  portrayal in movies.
 Many believe that the general media just doesn’t seem to get it right when it comes to portraying  blindness accurately and fairly.

 Do you think that  community service; the idea of blind people, out in our communities, working along side our sighted peers might do anything to help this?
  Do you think this kind of direct community service hurts our image?

  Darian